Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is now available in Taiwan. Samsung announced the Galaxy S2 Plus begin this month. The Galaxy S2 Plus is available in 2 colours white and blue. The difference between the Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S2 Plus isn’t much. The Galaxy S2 Plus uses a different CPU chip but still 1.2 Ghz dual-core, Bluetooth 4.0 and 8GB intern storage.
Samsung brought the Galaxy S2 Plus to the market so they can remove the current Galaxy S2 out of stores. The Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and uses the latest Touch-wiz nature UX. Samsung is currently busy with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates for the Galaxy S2.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus at a glance
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm, 121 g
- Display: 4.3″ 16M-color WVGA (480 x 800 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass,
- CPU: Dual-core ARM Cortex A9 1.2 GHz processor
- GPU: Broadcomm VideoCore IV
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 8GB storage, microSD card slot
- Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, front facing camera, video-calls
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, MHL-enabled standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, USB-on-the-go, NFC (I9105P)
- Misc: TouchWiz 5.0 Nature UX, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor
The most recent Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is available in Taiwan market for TWD13, 900 which is equal to around US $475. Although the device is said to be available in market but sources say that only blue variant is seen in the shelves. White variant of Galaxy S2 Plus will supposedly hit the market in February 2013.